Gnarly Magazine & Vintage Torque are teaming up to bring you one of the coolest original art shows/auctions in the country. Artists from around the world will be contributing to this event. It takes place on May 4/5, 2018 in Dubuque Iowa.
Every year Vintage Torque Fest has a special Art Show & Auction that benefit Hannah Wells Medical Trust. Hannah has had open heart surgeries and will have to have more.
This auction helps pay a portion of her medical bills.
Each year special panels are produced for the art show. In the past, Rat Fink, surfers' crosses, '32 Ford grills, art deco gas pumps, surf boards, surfers' helmets, & stop signs have been the "canvas" for the participating artists. This year, a human skull measuring 15" wide and 21" tall will be the panel of choice. Only 100 panels are being produced.
Gnarly Magazine wants the best of the best to help out with this event and will be launching a head to head competition for best panel. The winner of the head to head competition will be winning some cold hard cash for their efforts.
Grand prize: $250 cash!
****NOTE: Your skull panel MUST be shipped to John Wells at Vintage Torque Fest by April 27th to qualify for Gnarly Magazine's skull art competition $250 grand prize. If you miss this deadline your prize pack is a bunch of Gnarly Magazine merchandise instead of the cash.****
The Gnarly Magazine Skull Panel Art Competition will start on April 10 and continue until there is a winner.
If you want to be a part of Vintage Torque's art show/auction, please contact John Wells at email@example.com for details on getting your skull panel. Vintage Torque is already sending out the panels in the mail!
Artists: please note that the skull panels need to be returned to Vintage Torque Fest by April 27th in order to be eligible for Gnarly Magazine's Skull Art Competition prize money. All panels will be auctioned off on site at Vintage Torque Fest. There may be the possibility of live Internet bidding on May 5 as well for those unable to attend the event.
Contest Rules and Information
1. You must email John Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on getting your skull panel that will be sold at auction at Vintage Torque Fest.
2. After you've received your skull panel from John, you'll work your artistic magic on it and return the skull to John by April 27th for the auction.
3. To enter the Skull Art Competition at GnarlyMagazine.com, and a chance to win cash money, you must submit a photo of your skull panel artwork to GnarlyMagOnline@gmail.com
4. You may submit only one entry photo of your skull artwork to Gnarly Magazine for the head-to-head competition. If multiple photos are sent, Gnarly Magazine will pick one as your official entry.
5. Artists will compete against each other in head-to-head matchups, with each head-to-head matchup lasting for 24 hours. All poll results will be visible. There may be a time when a three-way head-to-head-to-head matchup may be required, depending on the number of submissions.
Competition Submission Deadline: April 8th at 5 pm EST.
E-mail your photo entry to: GnarlyMagOnline@gmail.com
Grand prize: $250 cash!
****NOTE: Your skull panel MUST be shipped to John Wells at Torque Vintage by April 27th to qualify for Gnarly Magazine's skull art competition $250 grand prize. If you miss this deadline your prize pack is a bunch of Gnarly Magazine merchandise instead of the cash.****